[tlug] Hardware Issue

I was fortunate to be given a fairly decent laptop (an NEC) with decent
specs (decent as in sufficient rather than decent as in impressive!)
other than the miserable 64MB RAM.  Being a pack-rat (is that term still
valid? - my father used to use it...), I had a 128MB (133MHz) RAM board
that was given to me by a friend who had upgraded a notebook (with only
one slot) from 128MB to 256MB, and I had a cheap LAN card that I picked
up a couple of years ago, so I was able to get it up and running without
expending any cash.

Rambling, rambling... sorry.  The point of all this is what the NEC is
replacing - an old Fujitsu with an overworked 133MHz CPU and a
not-so-happy history.  Of all the computers I've thrown together, non
was so financially stupid as that Fujitsu!  I paid too much for it in
the first place and very stupidly bought an overpriced 128MB memory
board as listed in the books.  And here's where a half-question comes
in.  As far as I can tell from looking around at sites pulled via
Google, the board is 66MHz.  I paid (ouch-ouch-ouch) Y18,000 for that
bloody thing, and if I had been less stupid, I could have bought a
133MHz 128MB board for less that I could now team up with the other
128MB board in the NEC for 256MB.  As it is, I'm fairly certain that the
computer would not be happy with a mix of 66MHz and 133MHz.  However,
some computers have BIOS that is more forgiving of this type of mismatch
than others... particularly between 100MHz and 133MHz.  66MHz is asking
too much?  Tossing it in wouldn't provide an answer beyond absolute
incompatibility or possible compatibility (mixed memory creates
unpredictable and odd problems), thus this rambling post.

Some details.  The card is:

Buffalo
VS8-S128MB

Does anyone know offhand about memory compatibility issues with NEC
computers?  I know the old ones were strange beasts that frowned on
anything other than mixing with their own kind, but this machine seems
to be past that period.

Ref. (from Google site):
                                         PCG

                                  XR9G   XR7G    XR1G

VN100-32M   PC/100 144pin S.O.DIMM        O       O
VN100-64M   PC/100 144pin S.O.DIMM        O       O
VN100-128M  PC/100 144pin S.O.DIMM        O       O
VS8-S32M    SDRAM S.O.DIMM 32MB                   O
VS8-S64M    SDRAM S.O.DIMM 64MB                   O
VS8-S128M   SDRAM S.O.DIMM 128MB                  O