Re: [tlug] Windows 2000 and CIFS

Hello, thanks for the reply.

Actually I haven't been able to solve the problem yet.
I've configured samba and kerberos and winbind and
1) I can kinit sucessfully
2) Net ads join work only if I use the windows 2000 Administrator user name
and password
3) If i do su DOMAINNAME#username it works

But I can see no windows 2000 share folders. I mean, I don't know how to
continue.
Ps. I tried to change the etc/pam.d/login setting to join the domain but it
doesn't work,
but more then using winbind I would like to have a replacement of
smbmount^^;
thus, I was looking for some solution like mount -t cifs etc.etc... (the
idea is to join the
linux server through a vpn with pptp)

Thanks in Advance
Alex

My Smb.conf file

global]
realm = HB.LOCAL
netbios name=hobibackup
workgroup = myworkgroup
server string = %h server (Samba %v)
dns proxy = no
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
syslog only = no
syslog = 0
security = ads
encrypt passwords = true
obey pam restrictions = yes
invalid users = root
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
hosts deny=ALL
hosts allow=192.168.0.

wins server=192.168.0.2