[tlug] Samba 3.0 Joining active directory domain

HEllo,
On Debian I would like to join trough samba 3.0 a windows 2000 server
(active directory) domain.
I've installed the libraries for ldap and kerberos as described in some docs
on internet.
In theory, after having set the krb5.conf with the active directory server
domain and realm,
It should work. In practice doing a simple kinit to verify the kerberos
setting, I receive the following error.

Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials

Does Anyone installed Kerberos on linux? Probably the error above has
something to do with
a kerberos client that have some probs but I don't know how to solve it.

Any help will be very appreciated^^;

Thanks
Alex