[tlug] Re: test

Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> I never got bit by that, when was it?  I rarely log out on my desktop,
> but the notebook gets booted and shut down nearly every day.

Some googling suggests it was around July 2001.

> Well, they do call Sid Unstable for a reason, but for me it has worked
> really well.  For those who want a little less danger, there is always
> Sarge.  I used to run Woody with a lot of backported Sid packages, but
> I had so many that I eventually just decided running Sid would be easier,
> and it has been.

I used to run sid, but ATM I use testing, mainly because it's not much
behind sid and I don't have to download quite as much on each upgrade. :-)
The most annoying thing for me is that even in sid the X server lags
behind.  I currently use xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk (2004.02.28-1) as
that one fixes some 3D GFX problems.
http://dri.freedesktop.org/~daenzer/debian/dri-trunk-sid/ ./

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits.