Re: [tlug] spammers

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:59:43 +0900, Blomberg David <dblomber@example.com>
wrote:

> 	Does anyone here have any experience with oshirase.biz (here after
> klnown as the spammer) they have picked up my personal domain name and
> are dumb enough to be sending spam using their own domain in the reply
> to address but forging headers saying they are from my personal domain.
> (yep my mail server is locked down and I double checked they didn't send
> from me).  This guy is also dumb enough to have his real info registered
> on whois.

What's to say that it isn't a joe-job?

This said, nothing from a .biz domain gets in here. That GTLD might as well
be renamed .spam and it would be far more truthful.

> 	Secondly does anyone know if Tokyo police do anything for spammers
> 	yet
> especially if they are dumb enough to leave a trail a mile wide pointing
> back to themselves.

Don't bother. Point out that the registrant's e-mail address is a
yahoo.co.jp address to Yahoo! (who prohibits such use of Yahoo! mailboxes)
and have the mailbox shut down. Then try and send a mail to that mailbox,
log the transcript and failure, then go to Neulevel and tell them that the
whois info is incorrect (because the e-mail address of the registrant is
invalid). They should then shut the domain down and put it on hold.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.4.25)