[tlug] Re: Fwd: Re: Suse blues-progress?

paul arenson wrote:

> Here is what I get for the first one you suggested
>
> arenson@example.com:~> su
> Password:
> usen-221x242x10x37:/home/arenson # cannakill
> bash: cannakill: command not found
> usen-221x242x10x37:/home/arenson # /usr/sbin/cannaserver -d -u wnn
> Usage: cannaserver [-p num] [-l num] [-u userid] [-syslog] [-inet] [-d]
> [dichome]
> usen-221x242x10x37:/home/arenson #
>
> I wonder about the place where Itype cannakill. It seems to be an error?

Yes.  It seems you don't have cannakill.  'bash' (bourne again shell) is
the name of your commandline interpreter, comparable to command.com in DOS,
but much more powerful.

It also looks like either your cannaserver behaves differently than mine
or you mistyped the command.  It shouldn't print usage info.
Hmm.  Your SuSE may use a version of canna quite different from the one
in Debian.  Please use "rpm -q -a | grep canna", this should print all
packet names (including the version) matching 'canna' from the rpm packet
database.  It should look like canna-3.7-4 or cannaserver-3.7-4 or
similar.  In this example 3.7 would be the software version and 4 is the
revision of the package.  (Incidentally this is the version of canna I
am using)
You are using SuSE 9.0, right?

> Some other thing to note is earlier message where if I try to enter gnome it
> tells me it cannot connect to usen-221x242x10x37 and to add something to a
> language file. But it works anyway if I click IGNORE>

Hmm, can't say anything about that.

> Also I remember I got a disk for a firmware modification from Asustek for the
> motherboard, but I think it has something to do with Windows.....but just to
> mention it in case it is hardware related.

No, this is purely a (quite weird) software problem.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
Be vigilant!