Re: [tlug] KDE 3.2 in SId, but...

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:31:30 -0800
Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com> wrote:

> menubar-at-the-top thing is just hideous.  Apparently it has migrated
> from Ximian Gnome, where it began, into the main branch
It's just two mouse clicks and you can remove that panel (I guess you
meant the panel at the top) or drag it to the bottom.

> (unless it's
> just a Debianism).
No, it's MACism, which is disgusting IMHO as well (though they do have
some other good ideas). I know KDE has surpassed gnome lately, but the
reason I won't use it (it's why I stopped using it when gnome was nearing
1.0) is because the seem to blatantly copy winblows.

> Anyway, progress has been made.  For anyone running Debian Unstable who
> has not yet moved to KDE 3.2 it wouldn't hurt to wait for a bit yet :-)
AFAIK one of debian's weak points has always been KDE, KDE3 took a long
time to make it in there too.