Re: [tlug] Who do you recommend for Business Desktop?

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:14:25 +0900, Thomas Savarimuthu
<viswas_thomas@example.com> wrote:

> I  have to make a decision to buy some business desktop PCs (SOHO)
> I wonder who can be the best in the following list in terms of
> performance, cost and support. Dell, Compaq/HP,IBM, Fujitsu, NEC, Gateway,
> Sotec(?)...

Given that PC hardware is relatively reliable nowadays, you're probably
better off building the boxen yourself if you have the time. You know what's
going in them, the cost is comparable (if not marginally lower), and you can
select linux-compatible hardware if that's a requirement.

I haven't bought a branded PC in about 12 or 13 years. The only problems
so far have been a 17" monitor and a 5.25" HD floppy drive crapping out on
me. The monitor was junk even when it was new and the floppy drive was
*waaaaay* out of the warranty period anyway.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.4.25)