Re: [tlug] ThreadHijacking/Sorry(RedFace)

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 11:26:04AM +0900, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:

> Re: "Simply replying to an existing thread, changing the title to what
> you want to talk about now and blithely going on your way, is thread
> hijacking."
>
> Uuuuu.... good thing there isn't a camera beaming my face to you now -
> it is beet-red!  I (stupidly) thought it was simply an issue of what was
> in the Subject heading.  Augghhhh - many apologies!  Many apologies and
> I'll be careful not to... "blithely go on" with a "reply" mail and
> different title.  I know that I'm stupid about the vast majority of
> what's what with computers, but I thought I knew more about e-mail.....
> SorrySorrySorry......

Most of us learn the same way you just did.  Jonathan kindly sent me a
screen shot  (no names are shown) but if you want to see how
mutt handles it (and this one wasn't actually your change) :) it's at

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/threadhijack.jpg

I maintain a faq for some newcomer Linux lists, and this was a good
addition, imho.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Have I ever let you down?
Giles: Do you want me to answer that, or shall I just glare?