Re: [tlug] [Ad ministrivia] This is a LUG, not a beerhall

On Friday 13 February 2004 00:43, Josh Glover wrote:
> Quoth gavin
>
> > My budget is tighter than a virgin holding a nickel between her knees!
>
> Gavin,
>
> I see no reason to identify yourself as a coarse buffoon on a public
> mailing list. TLUG used to have a few female members (hopefully a few
> remain in lurker-land), and I am sure that some of them would be offended
> by your lack of refinement. I would like to see geekdom be less of a boys
> club, and I think that comments like this scare away the fairer sex.
>
> Read this HOWTO for proof of what I say:
>
> http://www.linux.com/howtos/Encourage-Women-Linux-HOWTO/index.shtml
>
> The bottom line is that your comment may be amusing and appropriate when
> you are drinking with your friends, but is unfunny and inappropriate on
> this list. And that is my professional opinion.
>
> -Josh
> TLUG Listmaster
>
> --
>To Josh and all TLUG Members,

Please forgive my inappropriate and UN-professional comment. the bottom line
is that I was 100% disrespectful to the other members of the group.. if any
ladies have been upset by my rude comment.. I'm sorry!  and josh, I'm far
from being a "coarse buffoon" I'm sure we all have made mistakes in one way
or another.

Gavin