Re: [tlug] {JOB} Tequila Japan

Brett,

Brett Robson wrote:

> Jacques Deguest wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am running the IT division at Tequila Japan
>> <http://www.tequila.co.jp/> (an online marketing company of the
>> Omnicom group) and I am in an urgent need to hire 1 or 2 japanese web
>> developers with skills among which/such as (PHP, ASP, SQL, DHTML, CSS,
>> ava would be nice too)
>>
>> If you know in your relatives any japanese looking for a such a job in
>> a really nice company, please, by all means, tell them to send me
>> their resume to <j.deguest@example.com>.
>

> I know you didn't come here looking for an appraisal of your web site
> but this group is known for it's strong opinions.

It's ok, not only I don't mind, but I like exchanging opinions.

> 1.  flash instroductions are stupid. Words flying around the screen are
> not clever, entertaining or informative.

Just to be perfectly clear, you may need to know that I have no control
on the corporate web site.
Other than that, I would say that it follows the gruop web site style.
If you look around at other subsidiaries of Tequila in the world you'll
get what I mean.
I am not sure that "flash instroductions are stupid". I would merely say
that it depends:
1- on which consumer group you target
2- on each ones tastes and preferences.

> 2.  I wonder doubt google or other web crawlers would be able to follow
> your site with url like
> http://www.tequila.jp/Content.asp?SessionID=803423424&Page=/History.asp&Type=text

Maybe they do not want Google to crawl and index the site... or maybe
they simply do not care.

> 3  "Client servicing vacancies":  "Servicing" a polite term for what
> stud animals do to female animals for a fee resulting in baby animals.
> <CareersDetails.asp?CareerID=52&DisplayID=20&PrevDisplayID=0&SessionID=803423424&AgencyID=20&AgencyName=TOKYO&LanguageID=76>

I am not sure this is very much called for you know, but whatever. It's
your opinion and I respect it as it is.

> 4.  What we do: CRM & e-CRM, Direct Marketing, Direct Response
> Advertising, Sales Promotion, Retail & Channel Marketing, Digital, Web &
> I-mode.
>
> *Direct Response Advertising Department:*
>
>    * develops content for direct response advertisements, such as
>      direct mail and infomercials,
>      in adherence to client's strategy
>    * obtains consumer information lists from client and/or outside sources
>    * monitors progress of direct response efforts
>
> Smells like spam to me

One thing you can absolutly be sure is that Tequila Japan will *never*
be spamming.
Not only it is not in the company policy, at the countrary, but also I
am actively on the right side of the fence.

Cheers,

--
Jacques Deguest
<http://www.deguest.jp/>