Re: [tlug] viewing Japanese PDF files

> A Linux-non-using acquaintance says that Acrobat-Reader-for-Linux can't
> display Japanese text.

I found that to be true for Acrobat when Microsoft Fonts were used to make
the PDF.  In that case, I used ggv.  To use ggv though, I had to get
Japanese support in an RPM patch or add-on.  It was really easy to find
via synaptic.

Otherwise all other pdfs worked fine under Acrobat as others have said.

Xpdf worked in that case too but the fonts were so tiny and scrunched by
default -- taking much scrolling/resizing...
--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/