Re: [tlug] Virus scanners

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 04:20:39PM -0800, Gerald Naughton wrote:
> hi All
> With MyDoom virus causing a lot of trouble
> I`m wondering what you use (if u have a mailserver)
> to scan for viruses
>
> I`ve checked CentralCommand "vexira" and found it
> to be good for SOHO so decided to purchase it
>
> For 1 server and $199 , it is not a bad price
>
> It was also an easy install with postfix

I'd recommend Postfix with Amavisd-new or clamav. I've found the
following HOWTO to be very good:

"Fairly-Secure Anti-SPAM Gateway Using OpenBSD, Postfix, Amavisd-new,
SpamAssassin, Razor and DCC"

http://www.flakshack.com/anti-spam/

Though the above HOWTO discusses OpenBSD, It has some Linux related notes
at the end including clamav. Clamav works very well.

In addition you can use postfix's body_checks and header_checks to filter
most viruses.  I use the following...

http://jimsun.linxnet.com/misc/header_checks.txt
http://jimsun.linxnet.com/misc/body_checks.txt

--