Re: [tlug] Self introduction

Pietro Zuco wrote:
> On Saturday 10 January 2004 10:43, Raymond Regalado wrote:
>
>>Which is "better", working in the US, or in Japan?  Of course it's hard
>>to make generalizations, but I'm just curious (I've never worked in the
>>US).
>

> I'm living in Spain, and I want to live and work in Tokyo. I think that find a
> job in Japan is easier than in US, don't you?

No, not really. Even if is not easy to work in the US because of all the
restrictions and procedures, in Japan, you have not only that, but
education requirements, language capacity which japanese regard very
often as even more important as skills, plus you have all the fees
incurrend in settling in Japan which tends to be a lot of money. From
scratch, considering a $750 monthly rent in Tokyo (80,000 JPY), you are
looking at a $7,500 figure for coming and getting installed, assuming
you have a job beforehand.

--
Jacques Deguest
<http://www.deguest.jp/>