Re: [tlug] Setting HYLAFAX for email notification

On Friday, November 14, 2003, at 06:37  AM, Dan Lindfield wrote:
> I need to be notified when a Fax has been received, the documentation
> for Hylafax says this is done by defining a mail address for the
> PostMaster, this I have done by settting FaxMaster: in  /etc/aliases
> to my email address (Internet mail account). However this does not
> work.

Mail system is important:  if you're using "sendmail", you'll need to
run "newaliases" to reload the alias.db; on my home system, I run
postfix, and the config files are in /etc/postfix, so editing
/etc/postfix/aliases is the way to go.

Share and enjoy.
Larry Stanbery, RHCE
GPG Key ID: 2CEFA662