Re: [tlug] Linux powers throw weight behind desktop version

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 10:41, Shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:29:58 +0900, Blomberg David <dblomber@example.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 19:24, Sanjay Chigurupati wrote:
> >> FYI,
> > No less than two weeks ago Red Hat said Linux is not ready for the
> > desktop (in response to Novells buying of SuSE) now they chnaged their
> > mind I guess they meant any distro other than Red Hat they don't want to
> > see on the desktop <internal FUD is worse than external FUD and Red
> > Hatis getting too good at it>
>
> I guess you don't like RedHat.  What they said is they plan to improve it.

I never said I dont like Red Hat the distro (the company is starting to
get on my nerves)
>   Specifically, Red Hat is working on making desktop Linux:
>
> • Easier to use,
> • More interoperable
> Who said anything about it being ready?
its more the impression they and IBM gave at the Desktop summit
>  Why the RedHat bashing?
Its not bashing-their politics are really starting to get in the way and
causing them to do a lot of doubletalk. If thats bashing than anyone who
reads and makes a decison against anything is bashing it.

--
David Blomberg
AIS, APS, ASE, CCNA, LCP, LCA, Linux+, LPI I, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, RHCE, Server+