Re: [tlug] Red Hat Linux end-of-life

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:10:51 +0530
"Sanjay Chigurupati" <Sanjay.Chigurupati@example.com> wrote:

> I am also looking at moving away. The only problem with distros like
> gentoo is that I dont have high bandwidth at home and I am not sure if
> you get all the applications on 2 cds. Probably need to download the
> packages. still in the process of evaluating it.
When I used to be a redhat user and had only a dial-up connection I was
stupid enough to download ISO files or the whole distro on each new redhat
release.
If you use apt-get it will download only stuff that really needs to be
upgraded. You can do a full upgrade in one night, so low bandwidth is no
excuse.

--
B0Ti.