Redhat Advanced Server (wasRe: [tlug] Red Hat Linux end-of-life)

Hi,
Source rpms for Redhat enterprise Version 3 are available as download. I
downloaded, but I am having problem with getting the binary rpms built.
Problem with version 2 or greater of Glib being required. Another problem
was with the gcc flag not being recognised. got like 5-6 of them compliled.

using redhat 9 as platform for building.

bye,
Sanjay

                      Blomberg David
                      <dblomber@example.com        To:       tlug@example.com
                      c.com>                   cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: [tlug] Red Hat Linux end-of-life
                      04/11/2003 01:09
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      tlug

>>It was my understanding that Red Hat is the most System V like
>>release of Linux,

I thourght that honor belonged to Slackware.

Red Hat replaced their low end distro with Fedora-I am moving as well.
I use SuSE and will be testing again the latest Gentoo, Libranet,
Slackware one of which will most likely replace my use of Red Hat.

BTW Red Hat Enterprise offerings are selling well I am installing it in
a few places the other companies I am working for are using SuSE (the
Pro version not the enterprise) I already have a project that will be
using Red Hat Enterprise Advance Server 3 (and its not even out yet)

anyway
--
David Blomberg
AIS, APS, ASE, CCNA, LCP, LCA, Linux+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, RHCE, Server+