Re: [tlug] booting redhat 9

On 11/4/2003, "MJN" <kink_jp@example.com> wrote:

>I have just downloaded redhat 9 and burnt the iso on 3 discs.
>Placed disc 1 in the drive and rebooted but nothing????

Any chance this is a laptop? Red Hat installations are not fully compatible
with all systems/chipsets. I have run into this kind of thing with laptops
a couple of times. Usually you can solve this by trying the various
switches available in the  installation options, such as -no pcmcia, etc.

Do you get the initial boot up screen, that allows you to set options? If
not, you might have to use the floppy. You should be able to create an
installation floppy. If the first one didn't work, I suggest you try
another (maybe new) floppy. Once you get the boot up screen try some of the
optional switches.

Chuck