Re: [tlug] Gentoo install freezes when creating FS

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 19:47:26 +0900
Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc@example.com> wrote:

> Gentoo loads from CD and properly detects the serial ATA controller
> board and my hard drive. I can even use fdisk to write partitions to
> the HD. However trying to create a file system causes the system to
> lock up.
>
> What can I do to solve this problem?

You want to try searching gentoo's bugzilla (bugs.gentoo.org) or their
forums (forums.gentoo.org - I might be wrong with this, but you can find
the link from www.gentoo.org).

I'd suggest trying the forums first, you are more likely to find an
answer and the search on the forums is easier to use than the bugzilla
one. I find that answers are much quicker on the forums than bugzilla.

Another option is #gentoo on irc.freenode.net, you might luck out and
find someone there who can help you real-time.

Stu

--
GnuPG KeyID 1607E7F7
Key fingerprint = 5C38 AA94 A4C1 6AAF 0EE4  C089 EE01 193D 1607 E7F7