Re: [tlug] Fedora Project.

hi there..

i wanted to compare Debian with Fedora for the "all freeware" part not for
other things. in the other hand, Fedora project is not a distribution made
from "scratch" its based in the existing redhat distro so they have i long
way walked just like Debian. For some, Debian is the defacto "stable"
version of linux, when they announce the new distro, all the software
contained in it is not the more updated but is stable, Good!!! for some, in
that case i preffer openbsd or freebsd.  but the others maybe dont work in a
hostile eviroment or a  bug in the distro dont make us spend a lot of dollar
to reapair the damage. we are looking for other things like compatibility in
new hardware technology or new features, or maybe just for experimenting,
for this, we could sacrifice a little of performance, stability or security
to get this.

>>I kinda got the impression that ReadHat wants to use the community for
free labor to create 'experimental' and then you can only get 'stable' for
money

Well, i remember that the internet was first thought for military purpose,
and some universities were the beta testers for this technology, like this
example are a lot more ...
C language, Linear programming, Simulation proccesses, AI, bla bla bla, they
were originally developed for other tasks some military, some for profit,
etc, some get millions other just make research, and not because some are
filling their pockets or killing people with some theory or idea, i will
choose not to use it for other purposes. So as Neil sais, we all win, in one
way or another.

And as Simon says, this is not a new idea, but, it is new that one of the
major distros in the world  is making this effort.

off course this is just my humile opinion