RE: [tlug] Mail Server

Thanks for your advise everyone.

I did some checking to see if there was any statistical information about
which one was the most widely used, of course they all are, even ones I
haven't heard of are either most widely used, or soon will be.

Nice to know isn't it!

I did find one servey http://www.ohse.de/uwe/surveys/smtp-20000301.html that
as of 2000 showed
 3089  47.16 Sendmail
   513   7.83 unknown
   442   6.74 MS Exchange
   370   5.64 qmail
   163   2.48 Exim
   141   2.15 Lotus
   129   1.96 IMail

But that is really old and I am not sure how valid.

another one
http://www.sys-con.com/Linux/readerschoice2003/liveupdate.cfm?BType=5 had a
totally different list based on what linuxworld readers survey.  Anyone used
SuSE Linux Openexchange?  That was voted as the most popular but I think
their results are skewed.  But groupware would be nice I have not been happy
with any open source groupware yet.

I am still doing some checking to determine which one to use, probably will
be Exim or Postfix

James