Re: [tlug] network file system recommendations

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:45:29 +0900
"J. David Beutel" <jdb@example.com> wrote:

> > sftp commands to download files through a secure connection (it uses
> > the secure shell protocol).  You may also want to look at rsync, which
> > also uses ssh to communicate.
>
> I'll try an incremental rsync first.  Thanks for the advice.

BTW, I don't see why samba or nfs are bad choices if you put the service
behind a firewall. They both provide much more flexibility if you want
more than just backups.
I'm using NFS (same scenario and purpose) and it perfectly does the job.

SSH had a possible remote root vuln this month, think about that too if
you are that paranoid.

--
B0Ti.