Re: [tlug] Japanese on Slackware

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 05:37:36AM -0400, kayamboo wrote:

> Hello
>
> But when I start kinput2 -canna & using a script, it says that
> kana kanchi server cant be communicated.
> Kterm is not helpful. But rxvt responds with a small dialog box when I press shift+space. But I can input only hiragana this time When I press shift and look for other kanji options, it says that *kana kanji server  cant be communicated.* But kinput2 -canna is up and running.

By the way, please don't top post--there have been discussions about it
here, and it was more or less agreed that the majority of list members
(though not all) prefer that posts are under the post to which you
reply, as if it were a conversation.

That means that cannaserver is probably not running.  You can check with

ps ax | grep cannaserver.

Assuming that canna is installed, you can start it with the command

cannaserver  (as root or with root privilege--if you're using sudo or su
you might have to use /usr/sbin/cannaserver)

My memory is hazy on how to make a program start at boot in Slack--there
is a script in /etc/rc something, and the pattern should be fairly
obvious, if I remember correctly.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: I'm bad! It's just I can't bite anymore, thanks to you
wankers... Bye the bye, if you're trying to kill her...
(gives Riley two thumbs up)