Re: [tlug] Questions about Japanese

Doug Lerner <doug@example.com> asks:

>> Some people were recommending
>>
>> kinput2 -canna -xim
>>
>> rather than
>>
>> kinput2 -canna
>>
>> Do you (or anybody else) have an opinion on that?

I use the -xim, because AFAIK it is needed for Mozilla and Tk to talk to
kinput2. In fact I think this would be the case for all strictly POSIX
compliant apps.

kterm, of course, preceded POSIX and doesn't need/use the xim prototcol.

Jim

--
Jim Breen (j.breen(a)csse.monash.edu.au  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/)
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298