Re: [tlug] Questions about Japanese input

On 8/9/03 8:15 PM, "Shawn" <javajunkie@example.com> wrote:

>> (2) creating the script
>>
>> In a text editor, create the following
>>
>> #!/bin/bash
>> export LC_ALL=ja_JP
>> export LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
>> export XMODIFIERS='@example.com=kinput2'
>> kinput2 -canna &
>>

> I use  #!/bin/bash
> XMODIFIERS=@example.com=kinput2 LANGUAGE=ja_JP LC_CTYPE=ja_JP LC_ALL=ja_JP ${1+"$@"}
>
> I never use a kterm, only an xterm
> echo $LANG is meaningless to how I do it, but in the past I experienced the
> same problem as you and settled on the script above.  The one I posted
> earlier was from the web page and not the actual one I used

Shawn! That works! Thank you both, Shawn and Scott!

I used the one-line script above and modified the command line in the
properties setting for Mozilla and Japanese worked just fine inside Mozilla!
No problem entering ENTER while in Japanese mode either. Great!

I've come back to this problem from time-to-time over the last few years but
could never get it to work right until just now.

Thank you very much, both of you!

I wonder why kinput2 is working though? Probably from when I set it earlier
someplace. Will I need to set this so it automatically works on startup?

doug@example.com