Re: [tlug] Questions about Japanese input

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 07:57:11PM +0900, Doug Lerner wrote:
> On 8/9/03 6:55 PM, "Scott Robbins" <scottro@example.com> wrote:
>
> > http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html
>
> Another question! On the page above it says:
>
> -----
> Last thing--once you do a startx, open a kterm and call this script, if you
> want to run an application in Japanese, it has to be called from the same
> xterm window. For instance, if you call the script, then, in that window do
>
> echo $LANG
>
> you'll see that it's Japanese. However, if you then open up a second window
> and again do echo $LANG you'll see that it's English.
> -----
>
> In the kterm window I created - and into which I can use SHIFT-SPACE to
> enter Japanese,
>
> echo $LANG
>
> reports
>
> en_US
>
> not Japanese. So I am confused by the necessity of this part too...

Hrrm, something sounds peculiar--as if the exporting isn't getting done.

Not sure about that one, I can't duplicate the problem here.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Mom, the only way you get a new slayer is if the old
slayer dies.
Joyce: Then that means you... When did you die? You never told me
you died.
Buffy: It was just for a few minutes.