[tlug] hard disk access in every in 10s

I'd like to know if it's possible to monitor hard disk activity somehow so
that I could trace back disk access (r&w) to a process.

I've built myself a fairly noiseless server, bought a barracuda which is
said to be pretty silent, but its seeks are still a bit noisy to my ears.

There is something on the machine that keeps accessing the HD every 10
seconds. Of course I have cron jobs, but these are not scheduled for 10
secs. I've browsed the reiserfs manuals and I don't think it has to do
with the filesystem parameters, I believe its some process causing this.

Any suggestions?

--
B0Ti.