Re: [tlug] Using Linux for the desktop

Charles Muller wrote:

>For most people this should not be a problem, but it doesn't seem to
>work yet with East Asian versions of MS Office, at least it didn't when
>I tried it about six months ago.

Sorry, the following message was meant to be in response to the message
above:

It's supposed to support the Asian-language versions of MS Office now.
I  bought vers. 2.0.1  yesterday and but am working through some
problems installing MS Office 97 J, which CrossOver apparently now
supports (and judging from some postings from Japanese on the CrossOver
mailing list, it does).  I'll post the outcome here.  It does seem to
support some applications I wouldn't have expected it to support, such
as Stedman's medical dictionary (English only).

Drew Poulin