RE: [tlug] apache2 setup and japanese charset

>I had exactly same problem when we shifted our JSPs and some static
>pages to linux/tomcat. Putting <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
>content="text/html; charset=Shift_JIS"> in all the pages worked for me,
>I didn't have to change anything else

I tried it and it didn't work for me.

in my httpd.conf I have shift_jis as my defaultcharset

add charset shift_jis is also included.

I can change to shift_jis manually, but it switches back if I reload the
page.

The problem I just found is that there is also a PHP default characterset.
The original e-mail didn't specify about html or php but if you still have
the problem with php check that.

James