[tlug] Re: Tweaking the kernel

Dan Lindfield wrote:
> I'm not sure if I understand your comment:
> "you may want to check if your cacheable area is big enough for that
> much ram", could you elaborate please?

I meant you to try the mem= options as you have done.

> I tried three different mem sizes: mem=64, mem=128 and
> mem=256. Basically the speed of the machine at boot did not change. From
> this I deduce one of two things: 1) I'm not passing mem=*** correctly at
> boot. 2) The notebook is performing as good as if it had 64Mb RAM.

If it worked, then
grep "^MemTotal" /proc/meminfo
should correspond to the amount specified in the kernel parameter.

So I guess you have case 2 and it means that you don't have a problem
with your cacheable area, which is good.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits