[tlug] RH 8.0 installation problem: SCSI CD driver won't load

I'm trying to install RH 8.0 on a UniServer S250 (a 2U server machine
from Korea with PIII 733) and I can't get passed the third screen where
I am asked for my type of CD-ROM (Adaptec AIC-7899W).

I get a list with just one type in it (SCSI) and then a menu asking me
which driver it should load.

My CD-ROM model is in the list (Adaptec aic7xxx). But when I chose it
the installer seems to try and load it up but then returns to the screen
asking me what type of CD-ROM (SCSI) I have.

I've checked the console for useful messages and this messages sticks out:

* failed to insert /tmp/aic7xxx.o
* load module set done

I've searched the net but can't find anything specific to this server (I
guess the korean company isn't that famous) and nothing on issues about
this CD-ROM drive with 8.0 (though I did find some post relating to
RH5.1 issues ...)

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can get the installer going?

I can't get the machine to boot from the CD-ROM either. The BIOS menu
has an option for booting from and ATAPI CD-ROM which doesn't work and
none for booting from a SCSI CD-ROM.

Any help appreciated!

Jean-Christian Imbeault