Re: [tlug] im-ja v0.5

>There are such input methods. At least I've come across a herbrew and
>korean input methods. Google should tell you more.
>For these input methods there is an even simplier gtk2 API called called
>GtkIMContextSimple that will just use a translation table.
>See http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkIMContextSimple.html

Thanks... I'm not sure if it quite does the job, but I'll check it
out... Yudit keymaps, at any rate, have a translation table like you're
referring to, where the input is an arbitrary number of ASCII
characters, and the output an arbitrary word of UTF-8 characters. So
inputting the word "David" could give you "Like the wind in the willows"
if you so wished. This makes it unsuitable for kanji, but suitable for
nearly everything else. Perhaps this part of the API can do that? I'll
have to read over it again. Thanks!

-David

--
そんなお茶目さんには罰ゲーム生蛸パンツ十分!