Re: [tlug] im-ja v0.5

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:43:56 +0200
Ulrich Plate <plate@example.com> wrote:

> > Comments/suggestions are welcome.
>
> Very cool, and I especially like the fact that you included a
> handwritten character input method, that's so totally not there in
> kinput2. However, I'm curious why you chose Owen Taylor's Kanjipad for
> that purpose, if I may ask?
I should admit that I was using kanjipad mainly and wasn't aware that
there are others. And kanjipad was already a gtk2 app, so it was fairly
easy to hack it into im-ja.

> I was under the impression that its
> recognition abilities are rather limited.
The kanjipad in im-ja has been improved, but it still cannot recognize
kana.

> I do realise that most
> satisfactory solutions aren't free (ATOK, Windows IME etc.), but maybe
> you could have a look at Nunome?
Thanks. I didn't know this existed.

> I think it's GPL like most everything
> else AXE does, I suppose they'd be flattered if someone made good use of
> it. It's a little difficult to find, but the source is somewhere below
> http://www.sikigami.com (you may have to answer their questionnaire
> before you can download it),
I have found the qt version at
http://www.sikigami.com/cgi-bin/sikigami.com/anke-nnmqt1.0.cgi.
and some more stuff at http://www.sikigami.com/~fuku/nnmnd/
I'll see what it can do.

> and you can always talk to them, they're a
> twenty-minute train ride from where you're located, I believe. Nunome
> used to suck majorly in v1.x of Sikigami, but they've embellished it
> quite a bit, and there's even a Qt version of it now... Ok, ok, you
> probably wouldn't want that one... :)
If there is a gtk version, I'd appreciate a link to it.