Re: [tlug] iptables: port forwarding

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Susumu ISHIZUKA wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wrote:
> > I think your server replied with source port 22(ssh).
> > But it must be masqueraded to 80.
> >
> > So, try this:
> > iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -p tcp --sport 22
> > -d 130.153.xxx.yyy
> > -j SNAT --to IP.Address.Of.The.Server:80
>
> I was wrong about it.
>
> The original script is correct
> and must work for it.
> (I tried today and it worked with my linux box.)

I tried it but it did not work for me.
I dont know why. My connection is secureOCN and as described here:
http://www.ocn.ne.jp/secureocn/?b

there is a firewall between my server and the internet.

Vu Hung

> I have thought REDIRECT target take care of
> incoming packet only.
> But as David Santinoli posted before,
> REDIRECT implicitly rewrite reverse trafic.
>
> Then, what is wrong is firewall... maybe.
> I'm sorry for bringing confusion.
>
> ---------
> Susumu ISHIZUKA <sufiyanjp@example.com>

No, the
|            Nguyen Vu Hung( vuhung@example.com )              |
| The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan   |
| Takeshi's small space http://www.fedu.uec.ac.jp/~vuhung/ |
| Join KDE-i18n-Vi?       http://vi.i18n.kde.org/          |
| Vn Linux Users Group    http://vietlug.sourceforge.net/  |
| Tokyo Linux Users Group http://www.tlug.gr.jp/           |
|  I am looking for a job in Japan or Hanoi. My resume     |
|  http://www.fedu.uec.ac.jp/~vuhung/tmp/resume-03.txt     |

#cat Makefile
war:
        rm -rf /