[tlug] Can samba do logon serving without profiles?

In /etc/samba/smb.conf, the following lines make it a login server for 'Doze
clients:
   [global]
      domain logons = Yes
      domain master = Yes

If the following lines existed then they would set unwanted misfeatures:
   [global]
      logon script = ...
   [netlogon]
      path = ...
      logon home = ...
      logon path = ...
   [profiles]
      path = ...

Unfortunately logon home and logon path get some default settings when they
aren't defined in smb.conf.

Actually it isn't entirely bad to have home directories.  The following
lines let users store files for themselves on the server:
   [homes]
      create mask = 0640
      directory mask = 0750
      read only = No
      browseable = No

The problem is that a "profile" directory ends up getting created for each
client user.  This wreaks havoc when a user moves from one client machine to
another.  The user's 'Doze start menu gets copied from one 'Doze machine to
another.  For example a shortcut to Monopolysoft Turd on drive D: on one
machine gets copied to an identical shortcut on another machine even when
the resulting 'Doze machine doesn't even have a D: drive.  This isn't the
most destructive misfeature that Monopolysoft invented but it's not for lack
of trying.  Anyway, when the domain servers are Monopolysoft machines it is
possible to disable this misfeature and have no profiles.  My question is
now, when the domain server is Linux with Samba, how to disable this
misfeature and have no profiles?

(Sorry for the lack of Japanese content in this question.  If you need an
obligatory Japanese connection, then why does the "character set" parameter
have to be spelled "coding system" instead of "character set" when the
character set is a Japanese character set.  But this is a minor irritant.
Anyone who can tell me how to remove the profiles misfeature, please, I'm
desperate.)