Re: [tlug] Eating bugs...

>Now, a real one. What you, masters, think that could
>happen if microsoft release a proprietary distro and
>not only software for Gnu/Linux as they are
>announcing.

Masters, hehe... That's a little too kind of you :)

I think it can't be true. If Microsoft were to make a Linux distribution
then that, too, would be open-source by law, as nobody OWNS the Linux
code anymore. However, Linus Torvalds and the other kernel developers
could choose to work for Microsoft to create a new kernel. Frankly, I
can't see that happening right now.

Microsoft COULD make a UNIX-based OS, though, and all I can say is I
don't care. My Gentoo Linux distribution is free, it's slick and it's
fast. Micrsosoft can take their distros and stick em up their ass.
err... asses. Blah. 困る。 Unless the OS were significantly faster than
other UNIX-based OSes, it simply wouldn't become popular with UNIX
people. Windows users would buy it, and then complain when their games
weren't working, as is almost always the case with new Windows versions
anyway. Then they might buy Macs, I guess.