Re: [tlug] Read/write japanese

On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 20:46, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 10:04:50AM +0200, David Oftedal wrote:
> > So I'm trying to use Japanese with Gentoo as well. I've started
> > cannaserver and am now trying to activate kinput2, but get the following
> > message:
> >
> > bash-2.05b$ kinput2 -xim -kinput -canna &
>

> Interesting--when I hit reply, I still get mojibake but there are kanji
> interspersed amongst the question marks.

I use kterm with no problems in gentoo.  What is the terminal encoding
set to.  From what I understand the kinput2 is seperate from the kterm
so if the kterm encoding is not set correctly it will have no effect on
the kinput2.  Try

Control-middle mouse buton

in the kterm.

both "Open Input Method" and "Japanese EUC Mode" should be selected.

--
Edward Middleton <edwardmiddleton@example.com>