[tlug] Red Hat 9: A warning

Just a little warning to everybody considering trying out Red Hat 9.

When I installed it recently, it failed to boot on the first run.
Apparently my file system was "read only", and that was that. But apart
from that, it's managed to permanently store the error in such a way
that even if I delete my root partition again and again, the error
reappears. So now I can't run ANYTHING Red Hat-based, including Red Hat
8 and Mandrake.

The error might have manifested itself when I specified ext2 as the fs
for my root partition.

So before you install Red Hat 9, be prepared to run Gentoo Linux for the
rest of your life.