Re: [tlug] Re: XFree86 4.3.0 and truetype - followup

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:42:56 +0200
Mike FABIAN <mfabian@example.com> wrote:

> As adding these options manually may be tedious, it may be helpful
> to use my script
>
> http://www.suse.de/~mfabian/misc/SuSEconfig.fonts/fonts-config
>
> man-page:
>
> http://www.suse.de/~mfabian/misc/SuSEconfig.fonts/fonts-config.1.gz

Right at the minute I'm bogged down in some work for a Windows client,
but I'll definitely look into this matter. The extra capabilities of xtt
over freetype certainly look interesting.

Thanks for the pointer!

BTW, am I right in assuming that the way xtt simulates fonts on-screen
has no bearing on what will be printed? i.e. if there is no such thing
as a font in italic, it'll be printed "upright" even if it's displayed
italic on-screen...

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683