[tlug] XFree86 4.3.0 and truetype

Hi all,

I've just installed Slackware 9.0 on my laptop and so far the only problem
I've come across is adding TTF fonts.

This is what I've done:

1) Create a new directory: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ttf and dump my *ttf
files in there. Files owned by root.root, permissions = -rw-r--r--

2) Run mkfontscale, mkfontdir and fc-cache in order to create fonts.scale,
fonts.cache, encoding.dir and fonts.cache-1

3) Added:

  FontPath  "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ttf"

to the list of paths in the "Files" section in my /etc/X11/XF86Config file.

Whenever I startx, I get this on the console: "Could not init font path
element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ttf, removing from list!"

Google hasn't revealed much, nor have the documentation pages on
www.xfree86.org. So, does anyone here know what I'm screwing up?

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683