[tlug] Re: utf8 and LaTeX

Tim Hurman <kano-tlug@example.com> さんは書きました:

> Has anyone tried using LaTeX with Japanese encoded in UTF8, do you have to
> select a specific font with the character sets in?

You can do that with CJK-LaTeX and you have to select Japanese fonts.

In CJK-LaTeX you can write your example like this

    \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{report}
    \usepackage{CJK}
    \usepackage[overlap, CJK]{ruby}

    \begin{document}

    \begin{CJK}{UTF8}{koti}  % <-- selects the font and the encoding.

    \title{Test}
    \maketitle

    \section{first}
    あ い う え お

    \end{CJK}

    \end{document}

Which fonts you can select depends on your setup.

CJK-LaTeX homepage http://cjk.ffii.org/

In case you are using SuSE Linux you can use my packages which are
already included in SuSE Linux. The latest updates are usually here
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mfabian/

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。