Re: [tlug] Re: Share CD burner on Samba?

> From http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/42770 :
> |You need "packet writing" support to make this work. The patches are
> |available here. Also check out http://packet-cd.sourceforge.net !! You
> |will need to recompile the kernel with UDF read and write support ( look
> |under filesystems). Be CAUTIOUS.. the all the things described above (
> |apart from UDF read support) are experimental and hence dangerous. Also
> |the patches seem to be older than they should be. Good luck!!
>
> Also, the patch on
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/axboe/packet/
> seems to be newer than the one on the sourceforge page...

Thanks for that. I have been looking for this for some time. I found the
correct link from the one you gave. If you look on

http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/patches/packet/

You will find all the current patches.  If you look at

http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/cdrw-hint.txt

you get an explanation of how to set it all up.

--
Edward Middleton <edwardmiddleton@example.com>