[tlug] power upgrade

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Takeshi Hakamata wrote:

> You can just call Tokyo Denryoku and they will change the breaker for
> free,
> but your monthly bill would slightly increase. They don't change the
> breaker
> if the internal circuits are not capable of handling the greater power.
> Before changing the breaker, you should tell the landlord about it.

This worked!  TEPCO upgraded my main breaker to 40 amps (from 30).  The
basic monthly fee goes up about 200 yen, and no change to the usage
charges.  They did it on Sunday.  You're allowed one change per year, so
you can't lower your basic rate just for spring and fall.  They'll go up
to 60 amps, which I requested, but the guy who came said that our breaker
box was old (it's 1985) and can't handle the 60 amp breaker, plus he would
have to check my building's breaker to make sure it can handle it too.

Anyway, 40 amps is a lot better than 30.  We can run almost everything
simultaneously.  So we'll try this for a while and then look into a
further upgrade in the future if necessary.  Thanks everybody!

11011011