[tlug] Apache & suexec

G'day all,

A question about Apache & suexec.

A friend is offering to host a WWWJDIC mirror in Germany. It is a
RH7.3 out-of-the box server installation.

The problem is that we can't get CGIs firing. There are suexec error logs
saying there is a GID/UID mismatch (he has given me ownership of the
cgi-bin directory. The friend has never configured Apache before.

Can anyone give some quick point-by-point tips on getting a basic
Apache going with or without suexec? (I can't help much because I've never
done it.)

Thanks

Jim

--
Jim Breen  (j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/)
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298