Re: [tlug] Sorry to Hijack a thread but whats wrong with LILO

And Thus Spake Martin Baehr <mbaehr@example.com> (on Tue, 25
Feb 2003 15:08:31 +0100):

> > There is nothing... ohhhh nothing... like the goodness that is a Unix
> > boot screen.  Why would you want it animated?
>
> i have to stare at it everyday for 5 minutes while waiting for the thing
> to come up.

5 minutes????

Unless it's time to fsck a partition, my box takes about 25-30 seconds to
give me a login prompt.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683

GnuPG key  : BA3D01C6 (pgp.mit.edu)
Fingerprint: C3DF C686 6572 6E59 E3E4  0F40 2B9A 2218 BA3D 01C6
QOTD - "It was so cold last Winter that I even saw a lawyer
with his hands in his own pockets"