[tlug] UTF-8 in mIRC petition

OK, I imagine some of you have tried this:

Trying to get Japanese input working in mIRC, only to find that <your favorite language here> doesn't work anymore.

All the different encodings used on the Internet really makes it hard to communicate across OSes and between different countries. If I'm lucky, my mail sig in improvised kanzi will be converted from EUC to SJIS or Unicode when I post this mail, but I really don't know.

That's why I've created a petition for mIRC to switch to UTF-8 starting with its next release.

It's at http://petitiononline.com/utf8/

I know it's not DIRECTLY related to Linux in Japan, but it WOULD make chatting between Windows and Linux users in Japanese and other weird languages a whole lot easier. Especially if you use several weird languages at once.

-Dave Oftedal

--
$B$=$s$J(B $B$*