[tlug] CD-UDF on Linux (RH8)

Has anyone succeeded in getting DirectDisk (UDF) rewritable CDs working
under Linux? In RH8.0, when I put a UDF formatted CD in my RW drive, it recognizes it as
such and mounts with an icon "UDFREADER", but AFAICT, it is not able to read
information on the CD, much less write.

When I attempted to write, the message was the drive was read-only. I set
the permissions for writing, but this had no effect.

I have spend some time digging through the literature on this,
but it seems like most of what is on the web is the material left over from
when people were hacking through this problem a couple of years ago.

I am guessing at this point that I might need to put a line in FSTAB that
sets up UDF, but I have not been able to find a (recent) discussion of
this--i.e., a discussion based on the knowledge that the system is
recognizing the disk automatically.

Any experiences?

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@example.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary [http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787