[tlug] Sylpheed in Gentoo

Sorry I lost the headers between jumping between boxes--my bad.

Ok, compiling it with cjk enabled me to send Japanese without problem (called
with my little script that sets LC_CTYPE as ja_JP).  The mail was readable
in mutt.

However, sending a Japanese email from mutt didn't work-- I could see the
English part of the email but not the Japanese part--changing encodings from
Auto select didn't work either--Euc showed a katakana yu and shiftjis showed

something that was kanji, but nothing near what I wrote. (Mutt, IIRC uses EUC).

So, not sure about forums--maybe Stu Bouyer has an idea? (Or Ryan?)

There is also a Japanese Gentoo channel on freenode (I'm dashing this off during a Buffy commercial, but the link is somewhere on the main Gentoo page I think)
--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Giles: What are you doing?
Willow: Oh. Sorry. The reflection thing that you don't have...Angel,
how do you
shave?