Re: [tlug] eth0 not coming up ...

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 05:44:31PM +0900,
Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
> I don't think it is a driver problem so much as an rpm is missing or
> something. The strange thing is that my custom kernel try to start eth0
> (and succeeds) while the RH kernel doesn't even try. And a
> /etc/init.d/network restart doesn't try for eth0 either.

Do you have the ethernet driver compiled statically into your custom
kernel, by any chance? If so, the RH kernel needs to be told which
kernel driver module to install, by editing /etc/modules.conf....

--
Shimpei Yamashita                               http://www.shimpei.org/
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?    -- Steve Wright